The Idea Foundry seeks a client services support representative to deliver exceptional customer service to members, visitors, and students. This role is PT (hourly), with up to FT hourly available, and includes benefits such as unlimited Foundry classes, a casual and creative “mature startup” environment with an expansive professional network, Aflac supplemental insurance options, and a stipend towards healthcare expenses for FT staff.
As an institution of lifelong learning, possession of a conventional degree is negotiable, although the ideal candidate demonstrates experience in customer service with strong interpersonal and professional communication skills, great phone & email etiquette, has the ability to self-manage their own time and calendar, ability to coordinate across multiple workgroups, and strong computer literacy with basic research skills.
This role includes handling money and potentially sensitive client information, so the successful candidate must be able to pass appropriate background checks demonstrating a history free of fraud, theft, or related crimes, as well as violent crime.
Presently we are hiring for our first shift (7:45am-to 4:30pm); pay will be commensurate with qualifications and how much of this job role the candidate comes prepared to fill, starting $10-14/hour (may be eligible for additional base pay as duties are increased).
FRONT DESK SUPPORT
● Staffs the front desk/reception area as scheduled and serves as primary customer service representative, answering emails, phone calls, and in-person customer service inquiries while at desk.
● Greets visitors and explains visitor check-in and relevant policies and wayfinding as needed.
● Cross-trained on platforms such as Google Suite, Cobot, Occasion, Salesforce, etc. so that common member and student needs can be met--such as adding/removing items to the shared calendars, reserving conference or event rooms, cancelling/registering/transferring students registered for classes, data entry into CRM, etc.
● May support student experience for check-ins, and prepare student material such as class folders or rosters for instructors
● May occasionally be assigned as a representative during on-site community outreach events or to host tours or orientations
● Other duties as assigned, relating to customer experience
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE & RECEIVABLE SUPPORT
● Records payments made in-person at the desk and maintains petty cash drawer; Use of point-of-sale terminal to facilitate in-person sales.
● Interfaces with bookkeeping service staff as needed.
● Other data entry or bookkeeping support activities as assigned.
To apply, email cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
About the Idea Foundry:
We are a community workspace, learning center, and creative space. As a world-class Makerspace, we provide training on, and access to tools and technology from the conventional to the high-tech. Our members use our tools & tech to develop their ideas, create their art, or pursue their hobbies. With our office & coworking expansion, we empower startups, freelancers, and creative professionals to access resources to grow their businesses and make meaningful networking connections in an innovative space. Our community is diverse, open, and friendly. We are entrepreneurs, fabricators, inventors, prototypers, designers, craftsmen, artisans, and artists. We are Makers Discover more about the Idea Foundry at www.ideafoundry.com.